Members of the San Jose Fisherfolk Association in Gonzaga, Cagayan fill-out data sheet and assessment form during the Marine Protected Area-Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool orientation-workshop conducted by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region 2 on June 21, 2012 at the Narek Hall, DENR Regional Office, Tuguegarao City. Issues and concerns on conservation projects were discussed after the workshop. Other people’s organizations in Claveria and Sta. Praxedes, Cagayan also participated in the activity.
New DAO requires geo-tagging of land for PLAs
The integrity in the processing of public land applications (PLAs) is now ensured after the issuance of DENR Administrative Order No. 2016-22 on June 29, this year.
The Order requires the public land inspectors and or investigators “to take geo-tagged photographs showing the location of the subject lot and its existing improvements together with the actual occupant or his/her representative.”
“At least three (3) photographs of the subject area shall be taken using at least a 3.2 megapixel camera resolution,” the DAO specified. The photographs shall include the geographic position, and date and time of shooting.
The new instruction also provides that “the shots shall be taken at a distance that will show the different angles of the subject lot.” It requires that a picture of the investigator and or inspector in the subject lot shall also be taken.
“Taking geo-tagged photographs shall be at the cost of the government and at no time shall be charged to the applicants,” the Order further stressed.
In August 2015, Regional Director Benjamin T. Tumaliuan issued additional guidelines in public land surveys (PLS).
The guidelines require that after the Geographic Information System specialist certifies that the subject area is within alienable and disposable land (agricultural land), the inspection team from the CENR Office should conduct validation of the area taking geo-tagged photos inside the polygon. The geo-tagged photos should show the area including the validation team.
RD Tumaliuan also mandated that during the conduct of the survey, the PLS team should take, on a daily basis, geo-tagged photos individually and by group inside the polygon of the area.# CCC
- Parties ink Cagayan River Management Agreement
- DENR calls for coastal and marine conservation
- FMB chief presents NGP gains, challenges for 2017 onward
- Reg’l councils cite anti-illegal logging task force
- 6 Schools in Batanes to get special patents
- NGP beneficiaries present best practices in forum
- Hot lumber benefit schools
- TSD Registers 44 cutting permits
- 30th ICC yields 145 sacks garbage in Batanes
- BuB projects support NGP
- USEC Ignacio lauds Region 2 for unity, discipline
- KBP to adopt NGP site
- CENRO Cabagan ties up with LGU Tumauini for cave mgt
- USAID Phil Deputy Director Pinzon lauds DENR, PLGU Isabela
- RD Tumaliuan Earth Day Message
- Regional policy to improve survey plan issuance
- New Year Welcome Message of Sec. Paje.
- State of the art forest nursery to boost NGP
- RGAD-FPS spearheads Women’s Month
- REC transfers anew to DOT
- Sec Mamba graces Rubber Tree forum