Members of the San Jose Fisherfolk Association in Gonzaga, Cagayan fill-out data sheet and assessment form during the Marine Protected Area-Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool orientation-workshop conducted by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region 2 on June 21, 2012 at the Narek Hall, DENR Regional Office, Tuguegarao City. Issues and concerns on conservation projects were discussed after the workshop. Other people’s organizations in Claveria and Sta. Praxedes, Cagayan also participated in the activity.
CVARRD to conduct investment forum on rubber
With the theme “Help Mitigate and Adapt to Climate Change and Alleviate Poverty: Plant Rubber Trees!,” an investment forum will be conducted on March 14, this year, at the Lake Cassili M & M Resort, Tuao East, Cagayan.
Dubbed as “Regional Forum on Rubber: Its Potentials and Opportunities in Cagayan Valley”, the activity also aims to support and promote National Greening Program (NGP), one of the banner programs of PNoy administration.
Gracing the said activity will be Presidential Legislative Liaison Office Head Manuel N. Mamba. Joining him are DENR Regional Executive Director Benjamin T. Tumaliuan, Cagayan Valley Agriculture and Resources Research and Development (CVARRD) Executive Officer William C. Medrano and RTD Lilia dL. Abel, all speakers.
Experts in the rubber industry will also share their knowledge. They are Yokoma Tire Phils, Inc. President Masahiro Yoki, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Region 2 Representative Mary Ann Dy, University of Southern Mindanao Consultant Pablito Pamplona, National Agriculture and Fisheries Council (NAFC) Member Basilisa Ho and CVARRD Executive Officer Medrano. They will discuss Rubber Demand in the Philippines, Marketing Prospects of Rubber, Rubber Technologies, Economic Potential of Rubber for Cagayan Valley and Proposed Rubber Industry Road Map for Cagayan Valley.
By serving as carbon sink, rubber trees enhance the environment.
Economically, rubber trees are used in the manufacture of a variety of products in the automotive, mining, agriculture, shipping, chemicals, pharmaceutical and consumer industries. When the tree can no longer produce extract, it can be utilized as lumber material. #PMSA
- Sec Paje orders field officials to tap LGUs in NGP
- 2014 NGP target up by 5,000 hectares
- LMD Chief Mabasa passes MATB
- Preaching, doing for greening
- Volunteers commemorate ICCU Day
- Clonal nursery yields over 30 thousand seedlings
- LCEs Adopt Political Boundary Survey
- CSU, DENR ink NGP partnership
- Tree planting to highlight CS anniversary
- Cadastral project rolls in Isabela towns
- Sec Paje exhorts local support to Earth Day
- ADR solves land dispute in Pamplona
- CBFM-CARP project improves people's lives
- Reinforcing’ law enforcers for forest protection
- Going green, growing hope
- DENR to surpass 2013 NGP targets – USEC Ignacio
- CSU, DENR partner for ETS