Members of the San Jose Fisherfolk Association in Gonzaga, Cagayan fill-out data sheet and assessment form during the Marine Protected Area-Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool orientation-workshop conducted by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region 2 on June 21, 2012 at the Narek Hall, DENR Regional Office, Tuguegarao City. Issues and concerns on conservation projects were discussed after the workshop. Other people’s organizations in Claveria and Sta. Praxedes, Cagayan also participated in the activity.
Reg’l councils cite anti-illegal logging task force
The Regional Development Council (RDC) and the Regional Peace and Order Council (RPOC) have commended the members of the Cagayan Valley Anti-Illegal Logging Task Force.
In their joint resolution, RDC and RPOC said “given the active involvement and campaign of the task force’s members against illegal logging activities, Region 2 was declared as Zero (0) Hotspot in Illegal Logging during the second semester of CY 2015.”
“…the selfless dedication and performance exemplified by the members of the task force…are acts worthy of emulation, praises and commendation,” Resolution No. 02-71-2015 further stated.
The Regional Task Force, composed of the DENR, the Department of the Interior and Local Government, the Philippine National Police and the Armed Forces of the Philippines, was created “to fully enforce the moratorium and lead the anti-illegal logging campaign in Cagayan Valley.”
In January last year, DENR reported a significant reduction of illegal logging hotspots in the country from 197 prior to the issuance of Executive Order No. 23 to 31 in 2015 and remained optimistic that its target for a “zero illegal logging hotspot” will be achieved by 2016 through continued imposition of the total log ban in virgin and residual forests.
In Cagayan Valley, Regional Director Benjamin T. Tumaliuan has continuously appealed for support to curb timber poaching in the three hotspots in Region 2.
The environment chief has also instructed his field officials to prevent the emergence of new hotspots by being vigilant on illegal logging activities 24/7.
The commendation for the Regional Anti-Illegal Logging Task Force was issued during the joint session of the two Councils on Sept. 30, 2015 in Cauayan City, Isabela. # CCC
- 6 Schools in Batanes to get special patents
- NGP beneficiaries present best practices in forum
- Hot lumber benefit schools
- TSD Registers 44 cutting permits
- 30th ICC yields 145 sacks garbage in Batanes
- BuB projects support NGP
- USEC Ignacio lauds Region 2 for unity, discipline
- KBP to adopt NGP site
- CENRO Cabagan ties up with LGU Tumauini for cave mgt
- USAID Phil Deputy Director Pinzon lauds DENR, PLGU Isabela
- RD Tumaliuan Earth Day Message
- Regional policy to improve survey plan issuance
- New Year Welcome Message of Sec. Paje.
- State of the art forest nursery to boost NGP
- RGAD-FPS spearheads Women’s Month
- REC transfers anew to DOT
- Sec Mamba graces Rubber Tree forum