Members of the San Jose Fisherfolk Association in Gonzaga, Cagayan fill-out data sheet and assessment form during the Marine Protected Area-Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool orientation-workshop conducted by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region 2 on June 21, 2012 at the Narek Hall, DENR Regional Office, Tuguegarao City. Issues and concerns on conservation projects were discussed after the workshop. Other people’s organizations in Claveria and Sta. Praxedes, Cagayan also participated in the activity.
BuB projects support NGP
Sustainability of the National Greening Program (NGP) has been ensured with the lined-up projects of Bottom-up Budgeting (BuB) for 2015.
Thirty-seven BuB projects are enrolled in DENR which are implemented in 28 municipalities regionwide under NGP menu of activities. Out of the 28 partner Local Chief Executives, 21 had signed Memorandum of Agreement with the Department.
Isabela has the most number of projects with 13 followed by Cagayan, 11. Nueva Vizcaya has 7, Quirino has 5 and only one project is implemented in Batanes.
Forester Felina R. Malupeng, BuB Projects focal person, said that out of the 21 projects in 2014, a total of 19 had been completed while two are on-going implementation. The two currently implemented projects are found in Isabela.
BuB is a process through which priority projects are identified jointly by communities and their local government units. The proposed projects are incorporated into the proposed budgets of the implementing national government agencies which are submitted to Congress for approval.
For. Malupeng also said that BuB ensures transparency of the budgeting process and aims to facilitate institutional reform that is not under the control of any single person, group or agency. #
USEC Ignacio lauds Region 2 for unity, discipline
Undersecretary for Field Operations Demetrio L. Ignacio Jr. cited unity and discipline as factors that contribute to the success of Region 2 in the implementation of the Department’s programs.
Addressing the Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Officers, Community Environment and Natural Resources Officers, Sub-Office In-Charge and Regional Office personnel on July 8, this year, the top official said every personnel of the region deserves to be promoted under the Rationalization Plan not only for patience in waiting but also for good performance.
“You are one of the best performing regions in the country,” USEC Ignacio said. He underscored oneness and high level of discipline among the personnel emphasizing that breakdown of discipline leads to breakdown of rules which consequently results in failure in performance.
The top official also cited the increase in the workload of each personnel resulting from the triple increase in the budget of the Department under the present administration but decrease in manpower by half because of the moratorium in the filling up of vacant positions to implement the Rationalization Plan. “Each one of you is now doing six times more work than you were doing prior to the Aquino administration,” he added.
USEC Ignacio came over to Region 2 for the national conference of the Environmental Management Bureau and meeting of the Pollution Adjudication Board, being the chairperson, on July 9, this year. #
- Regional policy to improve survey plan issuance
- New Year Welcome Message of Sec. Paje.
- State of the art forest nursery to boost NGP
- RGAD-FPS spearheads Women’s Month
- REC transfers anew to DOT
- Sec Mamba graces Rubber Tree forum
- ERDS orients CSU studs on CPT
- ERDS clonal nursery, seedling facility undergo expansion for PQPM
- Ducks dominate waterbirds in Region 2
- Composite team cracks down on Isabela illegal logging
- Rizal, Lasam to validate political boundary
- RED Tumaliuan bats for more intensive NGP, FP
- LMS to venture on NGP
- CVARRD to conduct investment forum on rubber
- Sec Paje orders field officials to tap LGUs in NGP
- 2014 NGP target up by 5,000 hectares
- LMD Chief Mabasa passes MATB
- Preaching, doing for greening
- Volunteers commemorate ICCU Day
- Clonal nursery yields over 30 thousand seedlings
- LCEs Adopt Political Boundary Survey
- CSU, DENR ink NGP partnership
- Tree planting to highlight CS anniversary
- Cadastral project rolls in Isabela towns
- Sec Paje exhorts local support to Earth Day
- ADR solves land dispute in Pamplona
- CBFM-CARP project improves people's lives
- Reinforcing’ law enforcers for forest protection
- Going green, growing hope
- DENR to surpass 2013 NGP targets – USEC Ignacio
- CSU, DENR partner for ETS