Members of the San Jose Fisherfolk Association in Gonzaga, Cagayan fill-out data sheet and assessment form during the Marine Protected Area-Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool orientation-workshop conducted by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Region 2 on June 21, 2012 at the Narek Hall, DENR Regional Office, Tuguegarao City. Issues and concerns on conservation projects were discussed after the workshop. Other people’s organizations in Claveria and Sta. Praxedes, Cagayan also participated in the activity.
Forest products apprehension down by over 60% in first semester
Incidents of transport or possession of illegal forest products reduced by more than half in the first six months of this year compared to the same period of last year.
The Enforcement Division recorded a total of 140.63 cubic meters of apprehended forest products from January to June of 2015 which reduced by 69.61% the 462.863 cu. m. apprehended in the same period last year. Most of the apprehended forest products are common hardwood (CHW) species.
Of the illegal forest products apprehended in 2014, Enforcement Division Chief Joel S. Daquioag said 399.168 cu.m. were already confiscated while the rest are undergoing administrative proceedings.
“Region 2 has attained zero hotspot of illegal logging as of June 30,” the Cagayan Valley forest law enforcement chief said. “The target was achieved through the massive implementation of Executive Order No. 23 Declaring a Moratorium on the Cutting and Harvesting of Timber in the Natural and Residual Forests and Creating the Anti-Illegal Logging Task Force,” he added.
The Anti-Illegal Logging Task Force is chaired by the DENR with the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Department of National Defense, Philippine National Police and Armed Forces of the Philippines as members.
In the same period, 18 conveyances were apprehended and 12 cases for violation of forestry laws were filed in court. #
- Regional policy to improve survey plan issuance
- New Year Welcome Message of Sec. Paje.
- State of the art forest nursery to boost NGP
- RGAD-FPS spearheads Women’s Month
- REC transfers anew to DOT
- Sec Mamba graces Rubber Tree forum
- ERDS orients CSU studs on CPT
- ERDS clonal nursery, seedling facility undergo expansion for PQPM
- Ducks dominate waterbirds in Region 2
- Composite team cracks down on Isabela illegal logging
- Rizal, Lasam to validate political boundary
- RED Tumaliuan bats for more intensive NGP, FP
- LMS to venture on NGP
- CVARRD to conduct investment forum on rubber
- Sec Paje orders field officials to tap LGUs in NGP
- 2014 NGP target up by 5,000 hectares
- LMD Chief Mabasa passes MATB
- Preaching, doing for greening
- Volunteers commemorate ICCU Day
- Clonal nursery yields over 30 thousand seedlings
- LCEs Adopt Political Boundary Survey
- CSU, DENR ink NGP partnership
- Tree planting to highlight CS anniversary
- Cadastral project rolls in Isabela towns
- Sec Paje exhorts local support to Earth Day
- ADR solves land dispute in Pamplona
- CBFM-CARP project improves people's lives
- Reinforcing’ law enforcers for forest protection
- Going green, growing hope
- DENR to surpass 2013 NGP targets – USEC Ignacio
- CSU, DENR partner for ETS